Good websites or sources for new music?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
kossyremp
Org Profile

Good websites or sources for new music?

Post by kossyremp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:10 pm

My albums I buy, music I listen to and concerts I go to are all very rock orientated. Because of this I find it very hard to find good songs in any other genre. Does anyone know if there is any website or source that will help me find good/famous songs from different genre's?

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Re: Good websites or sources for new music?

Post by Enigma » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:13 pm

ShatteredFlame
Org Profile

Post by ShatteredFlame » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:51 pm

http://rateyourmusic.com/

Highest rated from each year. Highest rated of each individual genre. Highest rated overall.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:13 pm

ShatteredFlame wrote:http://rateyourmusic.com/

Highest rated from each year. Highest rated of each individual genre. Highest rated overall.
Wow... The idea sounds great! I hope it doesn't dissapoint.

I can suggest jamendo.com because the artists over all their music for free and there are really a lot of gems on this site :up:
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Debdas
Org Profile

Post by Debdas » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:16 am

There are hundreds of websites to download music, you must specify which category of music you want to listen and you want to download music on free basis or on payment basis.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:58 pm

Copy/pasted from my journal.

http://www.lala.com
Lala is one of the more interesting business models I've seen in the music industry. They let you listen to any song on their site in full the first time you listen to it. After that you get a thirty second preview. I would have preferred 2 or 3 listens as my opinion of a song changes with more exposure; however, this is more than what has been done in the past so I can't complain too much... Magnatunes is much better in this regard; however, as much as I like Magnatunes business model, I've never found music that was within my interests or felt the urge to make a purchase there...

The cool things about lala don't end there though. The site is a fully featured music player with a slick interface. From a web developer point of view, I'm in awe at what can be accomplished in a web browser with javascript and minimal flash. You can manage your music library using genre, artist, album filters, create playlists and queues, send music to friends, and scrobble the music you listen to to last.fm. Songs purchased for online listening (web songs) go for 10 cents and you get the first 25 web songs for free. MP3 downloads go for $0.89-$1.39. Albums are cheaper than per track purchases and buying a CD costs about the same as an in store purchase after shipping is factored in. Buying the CD will also unlock the songs for online listening so you can listen to the music you bought immediately. Finally, you can download an application that will scan your music library and automatically unlock the songs you already own for unlimited listening through the website so you can listen to your music from any computer connected to the internet.

johntoh
Org Profile

Post by johntoh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:43 pm

http://rateyourmusic.com/ is cool , i liked the way I can check music videos for each year
thanks for bringing this website to everyone's attention

Return to “General Discussion”