From Now On ...

This forum is for the general discussion of Music.

From Now On ...

Postby Warheart » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:11 pm

I know I haven't been around here much lately ...

... but I thought I should mention the fact that we finally put up WoFs last promo for download at least once. So please enjoy, and of course we appreciate, friend requests comments and the like. Enjoy the material. :)
Warheart

Re: From Now On ...

Postby Tono_Fyr » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:21 pm

Did you guys get a new guitarist? I don't remember them being that cool.
Tono_Fyr

Postby Warheart » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:01 pm

Nope, acutally we're still the same, however we parted way with our drummer not long ago.
Warheart

Postby Kai Stromler » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:25 pm

My work headphones are half-busted, so I'm going to have to take another listen in proper stereo to be sure, but on first impressions this one sounds pretty damn good. It also sounds a LOT like Dark Tranquillity, but nobody local to me plays NWOSDM any more -- it's nearly all slam-death now -- so the variety is definitely appreciated. Vocals are awesome, keys seem a little too far forward at times but are mostly inoffensive, and I'm going to need a stereo listen to get a real handle on the rest of the instrumentation. Good demo.

:up: :up:

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
IT'S TIME!
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available
Kai Stromler

Postby Tono_Fyr » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:06 pm

Listening to it, I like it quite a bit. It's a LOT like DT, but I expected that from you. The sound quality is pretty damn good, but once again, I expected no less. You guys got any labels looking at you?

It makes me want to work on my stuff some more, for sure.
Tono_Fyr

Postby Flame-X » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:41 am

I have to say, the production quality is quite good. Although I'm not into progressive death metal (if that's the right genre), I actually like this. The 3rd track is probably my favorite because of the guitar solo.
Flame-X

Postby Kai Stromler » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:32 am

After stereo listen: the sound is great, and the composition is for the most part really good. The few exceptions are a couple breaks where the rhythm guitar and bass are a little too stop-and-go in their riffage under a running solo, and there's a spot or two where the drummer seems to lose the plot, but this is ultimately stylistic, not technical. The tone on the leads and on the bass is perfect, and if the riff tone is a little dry, it's not "yo dawg, we herd u liek dry Gothenburg tone, so we plugged a Metalzone into ur Metalzone so u can have dry metalcore tone with ur dry metalcore tone" dry. (I'd link that Metalzone-into-Metalzone-into-Metalzone demotivator for a cheap laugh, but I don't have it on this comp.)

All in all, good stuff; as luck would have it I'm probably going to see the guy from Oak Knoll this weekend (they released stuff from Black Harvest and Calmsite if that has any relevance), so I'll probably burn him a promo of this and see what happens.

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
IT'S TIME!
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available
Kai Stromler

Postby Warheart » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:55 am

Thanks for the comments.

And Kai thanks for the support let me know what he said. :)
Warheart

Return to Music Discussion