Earphones?

This forum is for the general discussion of Music.
AFT
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:55 pm
Org Profile

Earphones?

Postby AFT » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:30 pm

Sorry if this isn't the right forum, if so please move it to the appropriate one.

Only a few months ago, I bought some earphones from Walmart (supposedly high-quality, seemed reasonably priced). Now, I'd bought these same earphones before and they lasted me about 7 months, thought maybe I could've taken care of them better, so I bought another pair and to put it mildly I was very disappointed after they paractically stopped working four months later. Yes, the sound quality is superb, but if I'm going to have to pay $30 every few months on earphones I'd rather get a high-quality pair.
So what would you recommend? I'm looking for something that produces high quality sound, lasts fairly long, and isn't overly expensive. Thanks in advance

-aft

User avatar
LantisEscudo
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2001 5:21 pm
Location: Vermont
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Earphones?

Postby LantisEscudo » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:56 pm

I use a pair of Sony MDR-7506es. They're not exactly cheap ($100 last I looked), but they sound great, and stand up to outright abuse. This pair was shoved loose into a backpack every day for four years, has been dropped more times than I can count, been stepped on, and been rolled over in a desk chair, and still sound exactly like the day I got them six years ago. They're absolute tanks.

AFT
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:55 pm
Org Profile

Re: Earphones?

Postby AFT » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:39 am

LantisEscudo wrote:I use a pair of Sony MDR-7506es. They're not exactly cheap ($100 last I looked), but they sound great, and stand up to outright abuse. This pair was shoved loose into a backpack every day for four years, has been dropped more times than I can count, been stepped on, and been rolled over in a desk chair, and still sound exactly like the day I got them six years ago.

Poor earphones :shock: Thanks, I'll look them up. In the meantime, still open for suggestions :)

User avatar
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:55 pm
Status: Free
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Earphones?

Postby Enigma » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:19 pm

I usually go with Skull Candy products :up:

User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:13 pm
Status: Flapping Lips
Location: Arkansas
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Earphones?

Postby CodeZTM » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:23 pm

Soup wrote:I usually go with Skull Candy products :up:


this :amv:

User avatar
AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:54 pm
Status: (◔ ◡ ◔ )
Location: (◔ ◡ ◔ )
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Earphones?

Postby AaronAMV » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:31 pm

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww skullcandy ewwwwwwwww

i don't have good headphones yet, so i can not say anything in this thread.
Image

User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:13 pm
Status: Flapping Lips
Location: Arkansas
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Earphones?

Postby CodeZTM » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:34 pm

AaronAMV wrote:ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww skullcandy ewwwwwwwww

i don't have good headphones yet, so i can not say anything in this thread.


You try finding good headphones in northwestern Arkansas without paying out the nose in shipping, and then you can complain about Skullcandy. :nono:

User avatar
AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:54 pm
Status: (◔ ◡ ◔ )
Location: (◔ ◡ ◔ )
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Earphones?

Postby AaronAMV » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:54 pm

Code wrote:
AaronAMV wrote:ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww skullcandy ewwwwwwwww

i don't have good headphones yet, so i can not say anything in this thread.


You try finding good headphones in northwestern Arkansas without paying out the nose in shipping, and then you can complain about Skullcandy. :nono:

heh >_>

im sure you can get decent headphones on amazon without paying shipping if they're $25+ >.>
Image

User avatar
Chez
Not Mexican
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 5:00 pm
Status: Who am I?
Location: Texas
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Earphones?

Postby Chez » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:12 pm

Image I stream and stuff o.o

User avatar
aerotem
show 'em my judo throw
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:28 pm
Status: nah
Location: New Hampshire
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Earphones?

Postby aerotem » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:04 am

Soup wrote:I usually go with Skull Candy products :up:


lol skullcandy

are you using SONY ear buds?

if not, i recommend you get those. those have great quality and i believe they range from 20-30 bucks. (I wouldn't be suprised if that's what you were talking about)

either that, or get JVCs.

they have decent quality, and they're about 10 bucks.

BTW

lol walmart.
Image

User avatar
Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 8:04 am
Status: The Dark Host
Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Earphones?

Postby Farlo » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:54 pm

i like circumaural headphones, nice plushy ones to cover the ears.skullcandy are excellent and alot of the seinheiser sets are good as well.

User avatar
Dar
yuri addict
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:12 pm
Status: NEEDS MOAR YURI
Location: orlando
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Earphones?

Postby Dar » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:02 pm

i had some sony clip on earphones and they lasted me 2 years before they started getting ratty and old. They still sound perfect as when i got em tho.

so, id say sony headphones. might be a few bucks extra but itll last u a lot longer
Image
Image

User avatar
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:55 pm
Status: Free
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Earphones?

Postby Enigma » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:45 pm

Code wrote:
Soup wrote:I usually go with Skull Candy products :up:


this :amv:

:amv:
AaronAMV wrote:ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww skullcandy ewwwwwwwww

i don't have good headphones yet, so i can not say anything in this thread.
You're not good enough for the skull Aaron-Sama.

User avatar
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:55 pm
Status: Free
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Earphones?

Postby Enigma » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:47 pm

Dar wrote:i had some sony clip on earphones and they lasted me 2 years before they started getting ratty and old. They still sound perfect as when i got em tho.

so, id say sony headphones. might be a few bucks extra but itll last u a lot longer

Double post :(,Lmao.I still have the headphones i got from my first PSP back in 05,Good as new(even if there yellow and stinky :ying: just how i like em)

AFT
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:55 pm
Org Profile

Re: Earphones?

Postby AFT » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:31 pm

I've already decided on some Sony headphones. I'll probably end up getting the MDR-V500 for editing, but I'll still want something smaller for listening to my PSP. Skullcandy should do nicely. Thanks, everyone, for your responses :)


Return to “Music Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests