Song's you'll never hear in an AMV

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Denkyufan
Org Profile

Song's you'll never hear in an AMV

Post by Denkyufan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:26 pm

What are some songs you'll never hear in an AMV, or hope to never here in an AMV?

Some of mine are:
Anything by Gordon Lightfood expecially the song about the Edmond Fitzgerald

"Call me when you're sober" by evanescene. Ok, I've seen AMV's with this song but those who make such videos need to listen to the freaking song. A song about a woman having enough with her alcholoic boyfriend... I know, let me just stick Naruto clips into it. There is NOOOO way this song can go with any anime video.

str1ngheese
Location: Look at me Im waisting this space because I have no morality and no care for it....
Org Profile

Post by str1ngheese » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:28 pm

People interperet different songs different ways...

CerebralAssamite
Org Profile

Post by CerebralAssamite » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:29 pm

mmm I can honestly say I am not surprised by any song in any amv anymore, thanks to Farlo and this anal mv.

Don't be surprised when I get back into the game, you will be seeing more of these vids, I'm gonna mind fuck with my grind core \m/

Denkyufan
Org Profile

Post by Denkyufan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:29 pm

I love the song and I have seen a few videos using that song and to tell you the truth they didn't match the song at all. If it was a lyric free version (instrumental) it would work but a song like that pigeon holed itself.

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:07 pm

I can't really see anything being off the table for AMVs. Sometimes, the associations are pretty messed up (Godix using 'freefalling' to people jumping off the world trade center towers is a good example of that.)
Sometimes they are just so damm weird that you wonder why a person would listen to that in the first place. My own Spleen video, which has William Shatner reading French poetry for example, or Otohiko's Mama video which is just "WFT?".
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:26 pm

Any non-mainstream/popular country song. The kind the only hardcore country music fans would listen to, or something like that. I heard of a few bands kinda like that, but can't remember the names. I think people who are into hardcore country are the type of people too busy riding horses, mechanical bulls, rigging trucks, and all that other stuff to pay attention to anime and the like. Although I did make an AMV to a country song, I don't think it would qualify, since it's pretty well known, if not then the artist who sung it was to at least an older audience or something. At least I think that type of music is the least used type of music. Popular music at least, besides like classical and oprah and the such.
Under Construction

nailz
Org Profile

Re: Song's you'll never hear in an AMV

Post by nailz » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:06 am

Denkyufan wrote:A song about a woman having enough with her alcholoic boyfriend... I know, let me just stick Naruto clips into it. There is NOOOO way this song can go with any anime video.
Thank you Mr. Authority. Your word is law and by which if broken we shall all perrish and burn in the 18th level of hell. God forbid anyone EVER not lyric match EVERYTHING when it comes to AMV's.
Popular music at least, besides like classical and oprah and the such.
When did SHE put out an album? :?
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:21 am

Is that how her name is spelt? I always confuse it with opera. If she ever made an album I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be AMVable as well.
Under Construction

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:37 am

nailz wrote:
Denkyufan wrote:A song about a woman having enough with her alcholoic boyfriend... I know, let me just stick Naruto clips into it. There is NOOOO way this song can go with any anime video.
Thank you Mr. Authority. Your word is law and by which if broken we shall all perrish and burn in the 18th level of hell. God forbid anyone EVER not lyric match EVERYTHING when it comes to AMV's.
Very well put.
madbunny wrote:I can't really see anything being off the table for AMVs. Sometimes, the associations are pretty messed up (Godix using 'freefalling' to people jumping off the world trade center towers is a good example of that.)
Sometimes they are just so damm weird that you wonder why a person would listen to that in the first place. My own Spleen video, which has William Shatner reading French poetry for example, or Otohiko's Mama video which is just "WFT?".
Lol, ah yes, Godix's 9/11 & Steve Irwin tributes. Great stuff (messed up, but still morbidly funny.)

I feel the same way. Nothing is off limits. Everything is really all up to interpretation. And the lovely thing about AMV's is that you can more or less rewrite an anime to your liking so it will go with the song and portray the message or idea you are trying to get across. Personally, when I listen to music and decide if I want to use it for an amv and what anime I want to use, I always try to find the most obscure combo and how I can mutilate an anime the most. :twisted:
ImageImage

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:15 am

This threat is just a blatant way to dare people to do something.

For my part, I blatantly dare anyone to make a Captain Beefheart AMV. That is, before I do :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “General Discussion”