R.I.P. Proof

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
megaman917
Org Profile

R.I.P. Proof

Post by megaman917 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:23 am

Deshaun Holton (aka Proof), founding member of D-12, was killed last night in a shooting at a Detroit nightlcub. Proof is the second member of D-12 to gunned down. One of D12's original members, Bugz (real name: Kornail Pitts) was shot and killed on May 21, 1999, during a picnic at Detroit's Belle Isle Park. Proof was survived by his wife and children.
the411online wrote:D12 founder Proof was shot to death early Tuesday at a Detroit nightclub along Eight Mile Road. Proof, whose real name is Deshaun Holton, was confirmed dead by a publicist for his label, Interscope Records. "Memorial service arrangements are still being made, and his friends and family would appreciate privacy during this difficult time," Dennis Dennehy said in a statement. Detroit police did not immediately confirm that Proof was killed, but said two people were shot in the head -- one fatally -- at the CCC nightclub after an argument escalated into gunfire. Proof was good friends with Eminem, serving as the best man at his January wedding. Proof is credited with coming up with the concept of D12, a six-member group in which each MC is said to have two sides, forming a "Dirty Dozen." Proof released two albums as part of D12 and dropped a solo disc, Searching for Jerry Garcia, last year.
Proof, we're gonna miss you. R.I.P.
"If you're not cheating, you're not trying!" - R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero (1967 - 2005)
Through tragedy, she found triumph. R.I.P. Coretta Scott King (1927 - 2006)
Long live the "King of Pop"! R.I.P. Michael Jackson (1958 - 2009)

megaman917
Org Profile

Post by megaman917 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:49 am

Also, there were rumors that D-12 member, Bizarre, was involved and shot. Bizarre was nowhere near Detroit at the time of the shooting. He was safe at home in Atlanta.

Investigators are looking into whether or not Proof's death is connected to the shooting, which involved Obie Trice. Obie Trice was shot in the head and wounded this past New Year's Eve. Obie Trice survived, was treated and released.
"If you're not cheating, you're not trying!" - R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero (1967 - 2005)

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

Post by Farlo » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:19 am

LOL

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:25 am

He was one of the better non-Eminem members of D12 - I still have one of the old mp3s of his released on eminem.com, the 7-minute freestyle track from some German radio station.

Was his solo album any good? I had no idea it was even out...

megaman917
Org Profile

Post by megaman917 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:42 am

I know his solo album came out last year, but I haven't listened to it yet. It's supposed to have guest appearances from the other members of D12, (not including Eminem), 50 Cent, and other unknown artists.

Zero1
Org Profile

Post by Zero1 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:50 pm

Please tell me I wasn't the only one thinking that this was a thread about, "another attempt at copy protection". :/

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:52 pm

kill every last one of those wannabe rappers let them kill eachother nobody listens to that wannabe music anyway =\

megaman917
Org Profile

Post by megaman917 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:28 pm

Niotex wrote:kill every last one of those wannabe rappers let them kill eachother nobody listens to that wannabe music anyway =\
How about someone kills you. With one less asshole like you, I know the world would be a much better place. A man gets killed, and you fucking laugh about it? It's a damn shame that there are people around here like you. And I'm not gonna get started on you calling rap wannabe music, because explaining it to an ignorant asshole like you, would be like teaching a monkey how to read; now matter how many times you explain it, nothing is gonna get through.

pink_hedgehog
Org Profile

Post by pink_hedgehog » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:29 pm

Niotex wrote:kill every last one of those wannabe rappers let them kill eachother nobody listens to that wannabe music anyway =\
I would like to start by saying Im not a fan of rap. Now with that said. You have to be one of the stupidest people Ive ever read a post from: nobody listens to rap? were you dropped on your head?!? TONS of people listen to rap, thats like saying noone listens to emo, or metal, or punk, or techno for christsakes. Everyone has different tastes; I hate rap, but it still sucks that Proof was killed you ignorant twat. Learn some respect, it'll do you good.
[quote:8a4a75b10d=

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:41 pm

gtfo
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Return to “General Discussion”