Fury in the Slaughterhouse

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Big Big Truck
Org Profile

Fury in the Slaughterhouse

Post by Big Big Truck » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:30 am

So - just on a stroke of luck, I found The Hearing and the Sense of Balance last night at a used CD shop. Much better album than Mono overall, IMO, although Mono did have some standout tracks ("When I'm Dead and Gone" and "Radio Orchid" are a couple of my favorites).

Listening to The Hearing really takes me back, but also makes me realize a few things: 1. FitS is VERY U2-influenced, 2. "Dancing in the Sunshine of the Dark" sounds like Vast, about 5 years before Vast, and 3. I probably would not have given FitS a chance if I'd just heard them today. A lot of their music falls in the dead center of average hard rock, except for a little touch here and there that lifts it up into something better.

Yeah, I know there are much better bands out there, but I keep coming back for some reason...

Any other Fury fans here?

Argh. I almost forgot - the other purpose of this post was to say that "Dancing in the Sunshine of the Dark", "Hello and Goodbye", and "Down There" would probably make pretty good AMVs.
(insert fannishly mangled rap lyric here)

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:58 pm

Since I haven't checked this forum in a long time I got to say. Welcome back :)

Also, if you like Fury, I think you might like Thrice.
If Fury is the band I'm thinking of that is. Anyways, you might like Thrice. Download a song called The Beltsville Crucible by Thrice.

You might like it. Well I'm outa here.
8) Chow

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:49 pm

DiemondDagger wrote:Since I haven't checked this forum in a long time I got to say. Welcome back :)
She never really went anywhere... she just stopped reaponding to stupid people. ^^
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:54 pm

*To the forums.....

P.S. JBONE ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT I'M STUPID!?!? :cry:

Big Big Truck
Org Profile

Post by Big Big Truck » Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:56 pm

Err... actually, these days I just follow a few threads regarding con get togethers and general editing. And totally pimp out music in here ^^;;

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:19 pm

DiemondDagger wrote:P.S. JBONE ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT I'M STUPID!?!? :cry:
I don't need to imply anything.

:wink:
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:22 pm

Ouch! There goes jbone with that punch. That's gotta hurt.

/end spam

Fury fans? I'm not...never even heard of them.
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:19 pm

jbone wrote:
DiemondDagger wrote:P.S. JBONE ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT I'M STUPID!?!? :cry:
I don't need to imply anything.

:wink:
I think that would've had even more impact if "imply" had been italicized.

But maybe I'm wrong...
I'm out...

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:44 pm

Yeah I agree with kthulhu. It sounds like you're saying you don't need to imply it because someone else already did. But I'm sure you had some reason for it and I probably sound like an ass and I hate to argue with jbone. And Diemond never said "need" so... :?

Anyway... back on topic. I am now a FitS fan, just from those three songs you said would be good for AMVs. I'm starting to think that there's nothing that I won't like. If I didn't know that were untrue, I'd really believe it... :shock:
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Big Big Truck
Org Profile

Post by Big Big Truck » Fri Oct 04, 2002 9:38 am

Mwahahahaa, another convert.

And what should come up in iTunes right now but "Stay Clean These Days".
8)

Return to “General Discussion”