Unexpected great songs

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Lone Wolf
Org Profile

Unexpected great songs

Post by Lone Wolf » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:43 pm

As I was randomly going from song to song in almost 2000 total songs I came across a song by Staind. I heard the first 5 seconds and I was like "Oh no...it's gonna be another one of his dark depressing songs.".

I was soon PLEASANTLY surprised when he broke out and sang right on key with a big group of voices (or his own, just in different pitches). I am listening to it right now and have been listening to it a lot.

The song is LAYNE from his album "14 Shades of Grey".

The funny thing was that when I first heard it, I was reading something about SE Lain. Coincidence?
Lone Wolf's AMV Pimpage:

Lone Wolf
Org Profile

Post by Lone Wolf » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:26 pm

I forgot to mention that it's not a depressing 'woe is me' song. It's actually pretty upbeat.
Lone Wolf's AMV Pimpage:

Dimbo_Sama
Org Profile

Post by Dimbo_Sama » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:39 am

There are no conincidences, only well placed accidents.
Some Fat Sweaty Postman has my DVD of Oswald!!!

New Project: 05:14 of 41:47 done.

Vlad86
Org Profile

Post by Vlad86 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:10 am

Actually, there's more than one upbeat song on there. (I'm supposing you have the album? If not I have it to point out other songs)

THis happened to me. I was going through the songs on my Family Values '98 dvd. Originally I bought it for live concert footage of Orgy, but when I was going through it, I listened to "Got the Life" by Korn and for some reason I really liked the song. So I ended up buying the "Follow the Leader" cd.
Also, there was a live performance of "Du Hast" by Rammstein. Just from listening to that song I decided to pick up "Lichtspielhaus" when I saw it in the store one day. Whaddayaknow, know I've got a slew of Rammstein songs I like: Mutter, Stripped, Sonne, Links 234, Seemann, Engel, hell just about everything on the disc.

Also, from the electronic music guide I became interested in KMFDM's song "Anarchy". I tracked down the cd it was on and bought it only to find out there's other good songs on there like: Spit Sperm, Megalomaniac, Down and Out, and Stray Bullet.

Does anyone else get a warm feeling of fullfillment when they discover new songs like this?
The Big O will KILL you!

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:19 am

Vlad86 wrote: Does anyone else get a warm feeling of fullfillment when they discover new songs like this?
I think everyone does.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

Re: Unexpected great songs

Post by Farlo » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:33 am

Lone Wolf wrote:As I was randomly going from song to song in almost 2000 total songs I came across a song by Staind. I heard the first 5 seconds and I was like "Oh no...it's gonna be another one of his dark depressing songs.".

I was soon PLEASANTLY surprised when he broke out and sang right on key with a big group of voices (or his own, just in different pitches). I am listening to it right now and have been listening to it a lot.

The song is LAYNE from his album "14 Shades of Grey".

The funny thing was that when I first heard it, I was reading something about SE Lain. Coincidence?
one of the best Layne Staley tribute songs i know of...zakk wylde's was dissapointing

good song though

Return to “General Discussion”