What Are You Listening To Right Now? (read 1st post please)

This forum is for the general discussion of Music.

Postby aznfs » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:15 am

AMVfreak wrote:

Starcraft??
lol I just uninstalled that tonight.

lol it doesnt work i uninstall of of it too just the icon for some reason didnt delete... meaning i need to klean up my desktop :lol:
aznfs

Postby Coffee 54 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:10 pm

aznfs wrote:
AMVfreak wrote:

Starcraft??

lol it doesnt work i uninstall of of it too just the icon for some reason didnt delete... meaning i need to klean up my desktop :lol:

How can you guys uninstall a classic like Starcraft. Any how The Mammas & The Pappas - Creeque Alley. I enjoy going retro from time to time.
Coffee 54

Postby Otohiko » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:45 pm

Hah! Ironically, my brother just re-installed SC yesterday, and has been doing some battlenet since...

ProjeKct 4 - Seizure

I'm on a projeKct-ish kick lately.

I love the 'Seizure' theme, which is a really weird steady beat with some creepy guitar work in the background. This original take on 'Seizure' is actually not the best (I prefer the KC 2000 version, the Munchen Improv), but I dig the two touch guitars spinning some odd soloing in the beginning, and then the real lowness of the main bass line that only ProjeKct 4 with its' two bass-heavy touch players could provide. Speaking of which, reports say King Crimson intends to ressurect this improv theme later this year - could be the next best thing to come out of them :roll:
Otohiko

Postby badmartialarts » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:08 pm

Zero 7 - destiny

I like this song a lot. Heck, I like this band a lot. Smooth, jazz-inpsired electronica. As soon as I can, I'll be making a video to this song. :)
Life's short.
eBayhard.
badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist

Postby rubyeye » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:11 pm

THRESHOLD - Mission Profile (mp3 in full) from the new album Subsurface! \m/ 8) \m/
Listen for yourself. This is one kick ass track and I personally think the best off the album. Too bad it isn't shorter otherwise I'd use it for a STELLVIA music video.
rubyeye

Postby Blk Sapphire » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:44 pm

"Falling in Love" - Slum Village. The first verse is mad cool, lol. The leader does a Kermet impersonation which is bomb. Hehehe.
"The destruction of Earth, as well, is a problem of time...
But I don't care what happens to Earth, or what happens to the humans."- Sakamoto Chika as Yaten Kou "Poem"
Blk Sapphire

Postby aznfs » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:10 pm

coffee54 wrote:
aznfs wrote:
AMVfreak wrote:

Starcraft??

How can you guys uninstall a classic like Starcraft. Any how The Mammas & The Pappas - Creeque Alley. I enjoy going retro from time to time.

i uninstalled it cause my cousin installed multiple cracked versions of it... all of which i deleted cause i dont like cracked things on my computer... i havent gotten around on reinstalling it yet

now back on topic im now listening to E Nomine - Der Exorzist
aznfs

Postby downwithpants » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:18 am

starcraft is good stuff. so are kermit impressions.

"tell her tonight" - franz ferdinand - franz ferdinand
i got the album last week and could not stop listening to it... until i had to go potty. but seriously its a great cd. "tell her tonight" is one of the funner, looser songs.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>
downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person

Postby Kai Stromler » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:39 pm

Amon Amarth - "Siegreicher Marsch"

This is a re-recorded version, with German lyrics and much better production, of the epic "Victorious March", off Once Sent From The Golden Hall, which kicked their career into overdrive by being significantly better than everything else on Metal Blade's Deathmeister vol.1 compilation. The original is a pounding madhouse of crunchy, mid-tempo, viking-tinged death metal with many more grooves and catchy leads than is generally expected of a Swedish band NOT from the Gothenburg scene -- and on this version, the band's five more years of experience and greater budgets close up the rhythms tighter and really bring out Ted Lundstrom's rock-solid bass guitar.

This track is available, AFAIK, only as the leadoff track on the bonus CD included with the first US pressing of Versus The World, the latest Amon Amarth product in stores (Fate Of Norns drops September 6).

note: I don't get paid to advertise Amon Amarth -- I just like them a lot and believe wholeheartedly in their ethos of good beer, loud metal, and a sense of humor.

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
Death... is Just The Beginning | so essentially it works like bacon
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available
Kai Stromler

Postby Coyote_FH » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:31 pm

Thin Lizzy - "Johnny"

---

Great opening song from the 1976 album "Johnny The Fox".
Why do I like it? Phil Lynott (R.I.P.) was a great lyricist... 8)
"I can tell you don't like me at all... do me a favor, spread it around!" - David Lee Roth

"Music videos are like girlfriends. I'm constantly amazed on what other people do" - Also David Lee...
Coyote_FH

Postby Otohiko » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:43 pm

[band in the park]* - Dervish Dance

* - I don't know what they're actually called.

Just got back from a walk in the park right outside my house, where they've been having jazz bands play live almost daily. Today's was very different from others though, since they relied heavily on Eastern motifs in their sound.

I stayed for about 3 songs - mind you, they went on for 20 minutes or more each. This one struck me as the more diverse, defined one. The guitarist laid down some very good work - he seems to be the main source of their eastern vibe, and the sax and clarinet players were finally on even footing with the power trio, and the drummer played a kickass solo towards the later part. Very good stuff, now searching for who these guys actually were.

Then they played a jazzed-up take on a Macedonian song, and I thought it was hilarious. Very well-coordinated, odd-meter stuff.
Otohiko

Postby FoolThemAll » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:58 pm

Bright Eyes - Sunrise, Sunset

Dark, catchy tune off of Fevers and Mirrors. It's quite a good album in general, I prefer it over the other one I have (Lifted). The best song by far on this CD is the incredibly catchy "Haligh, Haligh, a Lie, Haligh", which comes with Conor Oberst's trademark melodramatic whiny vocals. Despite that characteristic, his music's really good. It doesn't hurt that the lyrics are several steps above your typical emo band.
FoolThemAll

Postby Dimbo_Sama » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:46 am

Velvet Revolver - Money

Very cool cover of a classic \m/ :twisted: \m/

Even tho they left out the second verse, and Scott goes out of time at the end, I'll forgive them. lol, it's their first song too.
Some Fat Sweaty Postman has my DVD of Oswald!!!

New Project: 05:14 of 41:47 done.
Dimbo_Sama

Postby Moonlight Soldier » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:37 pm

I've been listening to Dean Martin.

I really don't know what else to say, besides just randomly having an urge to listen to him. Go oldies Go!
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells

Postby AMVfreak » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:18 pm

The Pillows- Blues Drive Monster

What can I say? Its from the FLCL OST, meaning it rocks
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK
AMVfreak

PreviousNext

Return to Music Discussion