What Are You Listening To Right Now? (read 1st post please)

This forum is for the general discussion of Music.

nice thread.....

Postby Platinum_Anime_Production » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:10 am

dunno, just love threads like this....

I'm listening to Cradle of Filth's best album IMO, Midian.

Unbeatable CD, go buy it, no need to sample, BUY NOW!!!

LONG LIVE MIDIAN!!!
Platinum_Anime_Production

Postby bubblehead » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:43 pm

At this very moment, I'm listening to:
The Seatbelts - Space Lion

I'm sure many of you have heard this song, because it's from the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack. I think it's in Jupiter Jazz, part 1, and possibly part 2 as well. I own the CD but not the DVDs so I'm not sure.

It's a fairly varied piece of music, starts off kind of slow, then adds some drums, then vocals, in addition to the sax. I think it's really beautiful. It makes me think of stars and smile like this: ^______^

It's one of the songs I didn't know was on the CD. but I'm really glad it is. I also want to get the album "No Disc".

...It took me so long to type this post (well I was doing other stuff as well) that I'm now listening to "Waltz for Zizi". It's sort of slow and contemplative, and it makes me think of fall and winter (mostly fall).
My DVDs
http://www.google.co.jp>http://www.google.com
President of the Sequoia High School anime club!
I have a forum now. O.o Rabid Catgirl
bubblehead

Postby Kai Stromler » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:55 pm

Agalloch - ...And The Great Cold Death Of The Earth

This track ought to be fairly easy to dig up, even if you don't feel like just ordering The Mantle straight off and saving the time later. It's a more relaxed sound than their early material, heavily driven by groaning cello and thundering kettledums around the clean vocals and layered acoustic guitars.

It's a shame this band doesn't tour more often, and that they take so bloody long between releases; I missed them when they opened for The Gathering earlier this year.

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
IT'S TIME!
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available
Kai Stromler

Postby DrngdKreationz » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:38 pm

Kai Stromler wrote:Flametal - Bruja Tortura
Chuck Mangione - Children of Sanchez (Overture)

The Flametal started off a mild Latin kick abetted by my brother's taste in '70s epic jazz. If I owned any Gun Frontier I'd be seriously plotting on a video with the Mangione track, even though it's 14 minutes long.

Flametal is what you get when a high-level flamenco guitarist goes back to his speed metal roots and picks up some star-level sidemen. It's occasionally reminiscent of Marty Friedman's heavily ornamented solo work, and occasionally of the jazz-patterns-with-metal-instrumentation feel of Cynic or Death's Human album. Regardless, neat stuff.

--K

I just got around to checking this stuff out and It's tight I dig it. took me a few minutes to let it sink in because it does have a really interesting sound to it.
DrngdKreationz

Postby fizzucker » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:51 pm

metalica-enter sandman-

only becuse i'm watching a vid of it that is very boring (tokyo mew mew?)
fizzucker

Location: At home doing the first 10% of an AMV, then losing the idea alltogether.

Postby Lone Wolf » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:56 pm

Nine Inch Nails - The Perfect Drug

Trent Reznor is a musical genius. I went out and bought the Lost Highway soundtrack just for this song. It is so energetic and awesome. This song also contains, in my opinion, one of the best drum solos ever recorded. I don't know, however, if he did the solo straight thru or if he did some here and there and later added more in.
Lone Wolf's AMV Pimpage:
Lone Wolf

Postby badmartialarts » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:46 pm

NIN's drummer is godly. They have a song. Piggy, where the drummer is playing one tempo and the guitars are playing another, intentionally, like a Charles Ives composition. I mean, I doubt they did it that way at the studio, but it's gotta sound neat live.

Anyways, what am I listening to right now....

Chemical Brothers - Galaxy Bounce

The beat in this song is infectious. "Ready? Awwww yeah!"
Life's short.
eBayhard.
badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist

Postby Lone Wolf » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:42 am

Sousaphonist wrote:his text

Uh...Trent Reznor IS NIN. He is the only one. He plays all of the instruments, sings all of the vocals, and even records and produces everything himself. He made his own record label, Nothing Records, too.

He's now more of a genius than u originally thought he was, huh? :D
Lone Wolf's AMV Pimpage:
Lone Wolf

Postby billy_wires » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:27 am

Revielle - Plastic

Revielle is what I would call rap-metal (might actually be the official name). Although I'm not fond of rap, it's because of the lack of more than three notes from one instrument (huge generalization, I know). This particular song has my favorite part of any song, and that's at the end. It goes from slow to up-beat. This change of emotion is riveled by Staind's song Waste, both parts near the end. That sudden change supports my theory that a good singer is part actor.
billy_wires

Postby FoolThemAll » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:58 am

Brian Vander Ark - And Then You Went Away

A catchy tune off his excellent solo album, Resurrection. He's the lead singer of a band called the Verve Pipe. You might know them as the one-hit wonders who put out that huge radio hit "The Freshmen". But they're actually a very nice band with above-average lyrics and strong, unique vocals. Well-worth checking out this album, as well as the Verve Pipe's self-titled in particular.
FoolThemAll

Postby taeli » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:47 am

Jel - Dynamic Button

Off his album 10 seconds. Jel mostly makes beats for various indie rappers on the anticon label, but he also releases his own albums. This track is nice, but probably not his best lol.

Er, if you wanna find out more about him, his label page has some mp3s of beats he's done. This one is pretty nice.

</pimpage>
taeli

Postby DrngdKreationz » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:44 pm

Ok Once again an update on the weekend play list. Today It's Old school Hip hop. People and artists like Blacksheep, Arrested development, Naughty by nature, even Snow (although I would normally deny he even existed),ONYX, K7, back in the Day LLcoolJ...you know. the shit that would play on the Radio back when FILA was in style.

I finally decided to get the system for my turntables working so I can record again and was digging through the stax of vinyl i still had and found one of Vinyl I forgot I even had. (dont remember how I wound up with it ) But Shaq's old hit. "whats up doc can we rock" which instantly made me dig up my oldschool on my PC and have it playing while I ran wires all over my room. I guess I just have a feeling of nostalgia of days when everything wasn't so grungy and there actually seemed like there wasn't that much really wrong with the world. It's pretty cool just looking back every now and then

I have to laugh at the covers on half of these oldschool artists and what the style looked like back then. but I guess that comes with time, I know I lauged at the hippie covers of the santana Albums which are now at a near sacred status to me. :? but I now also laugh at the things that were there when I was growing up (especially MC hammer and Vanilla Ice... What were they thinking when they got up on stage looking like that???) I mean, I know one day, I or the next generation are gonna die in hysterical laughter At todays artists and band's like Slipknot, Korn, Manson, Outkast, Eminem, ludacris etc.... Its funny how things change in life...
Ok im done ranting.
Well I'm off to test a Recording. Laterz
DrngdKreationz

Postby downwithpants » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:57 pm

sublime - "smoke two joints"

i just took a practice mcat (6 hour science exam), so...

hey koji, how was the peppers concert? i saw them last year and it was huge fun.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>
downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person

Guitars and Drums

Postby HeavyMetal » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:20 pm

Metallica - S & M - 2 CDs 21 songs

Some songs done better than ever.

and Aerosmith - Toys in the Attic

You just never forget the beat to Walk This Way.
HeavyMetal

Postby njijin » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:46 pm

taproot-poem

I'm just lissoning to some year old rock.
Only time I say no is if someone asks if I've had enough.
njijin

Location: in a city that starts with z and has a brige that is a y.

PreviousNext

Return to Music Discussion