Flaming Lips

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Big Big Truck
Org Profile

Post by Big Big Truck » Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:25 am

Yeah, a friend of mine picked Zaireeka up back around Christmas 1999, and a bunch of us held a little listening party in her kitchen.

Picked up Transmissions from the Satellite Heart Friday since Tower had it for $7 - also grabbed 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 by Midnight Oil. Both were excellent, judging from what I could pick out from the road noise (took a trip to Houston this weekend).

I like some Stereolab, but I gotta admit I was pretty disappointed with Space Age Batchelor Pad Music. Half the tracks really appealed to me and the other half repulsed me. (Shamefully enough, I have yet to pick up my own copy of Dots and Loops.)

Trail of Dead is pretty popular here in Austin... I don't care for them that much, but then all of the stuff I've heard of theirs has been the radio hits popular with the Linkin Park set.

Add N to (X) sounds totally up my alley... I was on a big Combustible Edison & Esquivel kick until just recently (which gave way to a Tropicalismo kick), so I'll check it out soon. Thanks for the recommendation, starwire!

Damn, I wish Audiogalaxy was still up and running so I could check more of these out. Ah well, at least my wallet is glad it's down :P

By the way - on the way back from Houston we had a little playlist going that mixed tracks from The Soft Bulletin with Dntel's Life is Full of Possibilities, Cocteau Twins Heaven or Las Vegas, and Geggy Tah Into the Oh. It turned out pretty nice; if y'all are interested, those three albums are also very very good. (Into the Oh has been in my stereo almost constantly this month.)
(insert fannishly mangled rap lyric here)

Big Big Truck
Org Profile

Post by Big Big Truck » Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:29 am

OH!!! Speaking of cool-ass Flaming Lips music, check this crazy bidness out:
Songs for Dust Mites

Yes, THAT Steve. :D
(insert fannishly mangled rap lyric here)

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Sep 16, 2002 12:09 pm

I picked up Hit to Death in the Future Head and The Day They Shot a Hole in the Jesus Egg (that double cd with the In a Priest Driven Ambulance and The Mushroom Tapes on).

I wasn't supposed to buy anything today... ho hum.

starwire
Org Profile

Post by starwire » Mon Sep 16, 2002 12:28 pm

Big Big Truck wrote:OH!!! Speaking of cool-ass Flaming Lips music, check this crazy bidness out:
Songs for Dust Mites

Yes, THAT Steve. :D
Quite easily the coolest webpage I've seen, probably ever.

Return to “General Discussion”