What do you suggest?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
mofisto
Org Profile

What do you suggest?

Post by mofisto » Mon Jul 01, 2002 8:17 pm

I was wondering, what other bands are within my taste musically? I am rather limited on my music listening, living in rural Iowa. If you think someone is really awesome let me know, I would like to start finding original music, not hyped up by MTV or local radio stations.

I like: Korn, White Zombie(Rob), Static X, KMFDM(MDFMK), Rammstein, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Kittie, Apartment 26, Coal Chamber, Fear Factory, Marilyn Manson, Sevendust, Staind, Drowning Pool, Adema, Earshot, Dope, Union Underground, Slipknot, Headstrong, Flaw, Primer 55, Deftones, Nine Inch Nails, Mudvayne, Head PE, Orgy, Pantera, Pitchshifter, POD, PM5K, Rage, and a few more.

But I am starting to wear out these guys, and would like to experience some new stuff,

Thanks in advance.

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Mon Jul 01, 2002 8:49 pm

i know you have heard them, but you might not have heard stuff from system of a down's first cd. it's soooo much better then their new stuff, you'd love it. and you'd probably like pennywise, and bad religion too. i don't like em, but by studying your musical taste, you might enjoy megadeath, metalica, alica in chains, and black sabbath.

if you'd wanna break out of your heavy metal box, you could, without a doubt try incubus and our lady peace. fat boy slim has some good stuff. try dj tiesto while you're at it.

no question, give nirvana a listen. they are one of, if not the best band in existance(not an opinion). but don't be confined to their most popular album, nevermind, listen to IT ALL! cause it's worth it, beleive me.

sublime and beatsteaks are some more bands that are incredible. 311 is awesome. excuse me if i am repeating anything you already listen to btw! smashing pumpkins have some great stuff. red hot chili peppers has a ton of great songs. give offspring's older stuff a chance too.

that's all i can think of now.

mofisto
Org Profile

Post by mofisto » Tue Jul 02, 2002 8:06 pm

I haven't heard their first album. I have the album with the hand from Dune on the cover(can't remember title) I do listen to Megadeth, Metallica, Alice in Chains, and Black Sabbath. Though I haven't listened to pennywise, or bad religion. I have heard Soul Fly, and didn't care for them much. I like the heavy metal, but techno is cool too. I dont' like Incubus or our lady peace. Fat Boy Slim is pretty good. Nirvana is the bomb and Sublime and 311 are good too. RHCP is good, but I don't really like their new stuff. Offspring is good too.

What I am looking for is new stuff, like not even on MTV or on the radio. I have trouble finding up and coming artists.

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:24 pm

stabbing westward is really good. um...kamelot is great. skinnypuppy, ministry....hmm...this is hurting my head trying to remember a bunch of band names. these are all bands that i love btw. let's see, there's dj shadow is good, as is natalie imbruglia(so what, i like her). led zepplin, foo fighters, pipedown, 98 mute, less than jake, millencolin, goldfinger, and anti-flag. i highly suggest you try all of the bands i mention in this post, and the ones you declined in my previous. most of the stuff i gave you isn't played on the radio or mtv, as most are punk or industrial, which tend to not go commercial for moral reasons(?). you have to try system's first cd, just in case you forgot. dead kenedys are all right i guess, i don't like em all that much but you could try em. again, you must try beatsteaks, as they are very very good.

oh yeah, i totally forgot you said new...an incredible up and coming punk band called 1208 is awesome. you probably heard them, but cold is great too. i don't really know too many new bands now that i think of it. just try the stuff i gave you if haven't already heard them.

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:33 pm

crap, i left out two really good bands that you would probably love. nonpoint and soil are incredible, and fit your tastes well.

also, as you said you would like to break out of your metal box. a very good instrumental band is Silent Hill OST. it's all incredible. extremely diversified music. even has at least one metal song in the bunch of great music the produce.

NeoGohan
Org Profile

Post by NeoGohan » Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:29 pm

Mofisto.. I see youve listed alot of classic metal. Heres some bands I can recommend based on that.

Iced Earth (they have a CD of covers of songs from Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kiss, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, etc..)
Nevermore
Blind Guardian
Nocturnal Rites
Elvenking
Helloween
Gamma Ray
Stratovarius

Hopefully that can help you some.

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:54 pm

i stopped reading when i noticed no tool and the first band you meantioned was korn. -_-

GroovinMojo
Org Profile

Post by GroovinMojo » Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:03 am

I would strongly suggest some TOOL and Gravity Kills.

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:06 am

TOOL for sure, and a perfect circle for kicks.

kalashikamelimerocker
Org Profile

why not something that hardly almost anyone has heard

Post by kalashikamelimerocker » Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:27 am

man in the cornfields in indiana we have the same problem.... however through the use of an mp3 server and a cd burner i have started to get people into malice mizer so they know the style when i show any of my music videos to friends and such..... dir-en grey and l'arc en ciel are good also :shock: [/quote]

Return to “General Discussion”