Anyone like Kamelot (or any power metal)?

This forum is for the general discussion of Music.

Anyone like Kamelot (or any power metal)?

Postby dpknot » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:25 pm

I'm just curious if there are other metalheads like me. :twisted: Metalheads unite!. (Dyslexics untie! 8) ) in any case, if you are interested in Kamelot their homepage is Kamelot home page

Btw, If it isn't already obvious, I'm completely new to this interface. So don't flame me without a good reason.

-DpKNot
Peace be with thee.
dpknot

Postby NeoGohan » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:53 pm

Kamelot seems to be a new fad around a-m-v.org now. Ever since Rubyeye's video, I've been seeing alot of them on here....

Oh well. They're awesome. Bought "Karma" on a whim nearly a year ago and I dont regret it. Right when school started last year...
Hansi Kürsch, André Olbrich, <s>Thomen Stauch</s>, Marcus Siepen.
Together, they are <A href=http://www.blind-guardian.com><b>BLIND GUARDIAN</b></a>
NeoGohan

Blind Guradian is awesome too!

Postby dpknot » Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:01 pm

you like Bling Guardian, too? Look on, World! The Metalheads are uniting!!!! Fear my spikes! (oops)

-DpKNot
Peace be with thee.
dpknot

Re: Blind Guradian is awesome too!

Postby NeoGohan » Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:04 pm

dpknot wrote:you like Bling Guardian, too? Look on, World! The Metalheads are uniting!!!! Fear my spikes! (oops)

-DpKNot

Bling Guardian?

Reminds me of Hansi's attempt at rapping..

[23:24] <hansi> I am also called Grandmaster Rap, so for what reason do we need another rapper. Yoho here in Idaoh.
[23:25] <Errtu> ahahahaha
[23:25] <Juanc> excellent answer Hansi
[23:25] <Errtu> you're okay for a metalhead , thanks :P
[23:25] <Bringa> ahah
[23:25] <hansi> get the flow go bro

---

[23:50] <hansi> the line is fine, but where ´s the rhyme?
[23:50] <Bringa> ahah a true rapper :)

---

[00:34] <Gothic> omg, BG are going rapcore :ppp
[00:35] <hansi> I would call it peppcore, instead

Hehe.. I know of alot of power/speed/thrash/heavy metal bands... its my hobby.
Together, they are <A href=http://www.blind-guardian.com><b>BLIND GUARDIAN</b></a>
NeoGohan

Postby JCD » Tue Jul 02, 2002 8:13 am

metal like karma and blind guardian (hehe, they're german) is good music, but I stay on punk :D
JCD
Lord of the Dance

Postby NeoGohan » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:17 pm

JCD wrote:(hehe, they're german)

As are alot of the classic metal bands. Helloween and Gamma Ray, mainly. Kai 0wnz =]
NeoGohan

Postby kthulhu » Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:51 am

I'm more a black metal/industrial type myself,but I'll listen to anything interesting.I always thought Helloween was British.
I'm out...
kthulhu

Postby rubyeye » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:17 am

:mrgreen: I might as well jump in seeing as how I kind of started this reinsurgence of (Progressive/Power) metal to the AMV scene!!

What can I say other than, KAMELOT IS KING

Watch out for their new release later this year. However, after hearing NIGHTWISH's new 'Century Child', they have some serious competition. Plus there is also Symphony X's new epic title. And the other band I am waiting for is THRESHOLD.

There might be some viable music video material, but we'll just have to wait and see (hear).

BTW, do any of you guys surf the Purpetual Motion Board? It's an online forum for Progressive / Power metal.

KEEP THIS UP -- I'd love to talk more about this musical genre.
rubyeye

Postby nailz » Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:18 am

I'm not a huge fan of Kamelot myself. I tried to get into them, but.. I dunno, BLAH. I wish they were going to be at prog power USA again, because I'd like to see them live, but other than that, they're pretty generic.

I personally am a big fan of Blind Guardian, Freternia, Elvenking (i'm sure anyone who frequents the BG forums knows that...), Nightwish, Silent Force, Gamma Ray (yes, Kai indeed 0wnz), and Sonata Artica.
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.
nailz

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:19 pm

Yeah let's see there's a lot of metal I love. Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Kamelot, Savatage, Trail of Tears, a lot more I can't remember.

On the extreme side I kinda like Cradle of Filth, Emperor, Hecate Enthroned, and others. Mainly, though, I like Progressive/Power/Speed metal.
Flint the Dwarf

Postby TobinHood » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:27 am

KAMELOT ARE INCREDIBLE!!!!!

I love Wings of Despair and Elizabeth III: Fall From Grace!
http://sakkaku.icedomain.netImageImage
I've got to stop procrasturbating.
TobinHood
Mr. Poopy Pants

Postby moooooo » Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:09 am

Don't know kamelot really, but power metal is fun. A barrel of laughs and strange europeans.
Anyone into death metal or industrial metal stuff?

On that note, how badly do you think a death metal or hardcore video would be recieved here?
Are you down with the sound of the Devil's town?
moooooo

Postby MetalWolf » Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:24 am

I heard a bit of Kamelot and I enjoyed it since I am huge fan of power metal; I was planing on buying their Karma album on my last trip to Edmonton at HMV since they are the only place I finds has a good extensive library of metal bands but I didn't see it there, next time I get there I hope it will be in. Bu tinsted I tried out Blind Guardian by buying their new album "Night At The Opera" the album is good. My favorite songs from Kamelot so far that I have heard so far is Forever, The Spell and Karma.
MetalWolf

Postby NeoGohan » Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:23 pm

MetalWolf wrote:I heard a bit of Kamelot and I enjoyed it since I am huge fan of power metal; I was planing on buying their Karma album on my last trip to Edmonton at HMV since they are the only place I finds has a good extensive library of metal bands but I didn't see it there, next time I get there I hope it will be in. Bu tinsted I tried out Blind Guardian by buying their new album "Night At The Opera" the album is good. My favorite songs from Kamelot so far that I have heard so far is Forever, The Spell and Karma.

http://www.theendrecords.com/omega/omega.htm

THE best place to get metal CDs. Theyre all about $11 - $12 each, with free shipping to anywhere in the USA. They also ship fast, too... I just ordered "Freedom Call - Eternity" and "Shaman - Ritual" on Thursday, and I got them Saturday (note: I live in Tennessee, and The End is in California... I'd say thats fast).

I know, I sound like an advertisement, but Im just trying to help my brothers in metal. :D
NeoGohan

Thanks

Postby MetalWolf » Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:49 pm

Thanks I will be sure to check it out.
MetalWolf

Next

Return to Music Discussion