PS1, PS2, and PC music rippers?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

PS1, PS2, and PC music rippers?

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:45 pm

Does anyone know any music rippers that can get the audio from games?

This way I don't have to search/buy the OST cause I can just get it from the game.

And if it's a MS-DOS oriented program I'll also need a link to a guide or something.

Thanks everyone.
"Many people want to change the world, but very few even consider changing themselves."
<<A>My Member Profile</a>> <<A>Read my Xanga</a>>

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

here u go

Post by Farlo » Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:39 am

check any psp program (kazaa, morpheus, grokster, Mirc) any of these could be used to find game music....or now many ot the sites of the companies that make the games...hope this helps

**this does not imply that i use these progz buy you can i you want**

there now no-one can harass me for supporting piracy :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

KLin
Org Profile

Post by KLin » Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:06 pm

I know PSMPlay can rip audio clips off PSX CDs, but I don't know about background music. A much more costly and time consuming way is to buy an audio/video adaptor and audio dub cable and record it onto your computer first as a wav file one by one while going through your game's sound test. Which if the music is really any good, it should have one hopefully. :D But I doubt you want to do that if you don't even have enough money to buy video game OSTs. If PSMPlay doesn't work, try searching emulation sites, (ducks thrown things at the mention of emulation) there's probably some program out there that has what you need, hopefully it'll come with instructions too. :D

Kamoc
Org Profile

Post by Kamoc » Thu Aug 22, 2002 7:30 pm

try searching for fan sites for console games, like silent hill 2 and final fantasy. if you find a good chatroom, almost always there will be someone who knows this kind of thing. just ask them.

Mechaman
Org Profile

Post by Mechaman » Sat Aug 24, 2002 2:58 pm

If your drive is well-made, PSMPlay applies for PSX, else use the PSXVideo package at Zophar's and use XAEX/XA2WAV. Remember to convert to 44.1 sample rate.
Background music is generally kept in XA files; depending on who made the game, this could be easy or hard. Companies that grok the PSX tend towards hiding the files(Square, Polyphone Digital, Sony, etc.); in this case PSMPlay might be able to analyze the files to locate an XA header.
Don't be afraid of misspellings--Working Designs sometimes changes filenames around to hide the files, but they're still in XA format.

Note that you almost never get the exact material that's in an OST. Raycrisis, due to its dynamic soundtrack, has over 200 song files(the OST simply uses 10-minute cuts of the four main BGMs). Some companies are evil, and embed multiple songs in an XA--Guilty Gear smooshes all of its tracks into one 7-channel XA file, with 5-second gaps between the songs.

Other times, addition/remixed tracks are present on an OST. In addition, you'd better be prepared to scour playlists and have good ears if you want to determine tracknames--I've gotten lucky with R-Type Delta, but most of Raycrisis defeated me, and there are still some names blank in the G.Darius folder.

Return to “General Discussion”