Rammstein in english ....

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Propyro
Org Profile

Rammstein in english ....

Post by Propyro » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:27 pm

ok, on the weekend i heard Du Hast on the radio, but it was in english ... god did it sound awful ... i liek rammstien ... but not in english ... don't do that again 102.1! (the local big shot rock station in toronto)

/fin

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:21 pm

English Rammstein does suck.

Their cover of "Stripped" by Depeche Mode is fucking awesome, though. Better than the original, in my book. I know that I first heard them on my local (used to be good) rock station, and they played the German version.

It was awesome.
I'm out...

ithaqua
Org Profile

Post by ithaqua » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:51 pm

It's odd because most German bands can switch between their mother tongue and English quite well.

Wolfsheim, :wumpscut:, KMFDM, De/Vision, Einsteurzende Neubauten, Girls Under Glass, etc. all go back and forth.

Not to mention that Till has such a melodic voice. Maybe he could try French?
If nothing else, harsh noises get your attention.
http://www.downhillbattle.org
clicky clicky^

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:47 pm

when blind guardian was asked why they dont sing in german, they replied quite simply "because it would sound fucking stupid"
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:17 am

"Du Hast", as a song, just seems more suited to German vocals. Then again, it could be due to the fact that it was originally written in that language. "Stripped" was originally done in English, and covered in the same language.

I suppose they did an English version of the song for those cretins who can't appreciate the German version :x , either because they think "it's Nazi!" or "German is the suxxor, where's the English LOL?!".

So perhaps the language influenced vocal tone of the lyrics has a subtle effect on the song - which is usually lost when translated to another language.
I'm out...

Propyro
Org Profile

Post by Propyro » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:00 am

kthulhu wrote: I suppose they did an English version of the song for those cretins who can't appreciate the German version :x , either because they think "it's Nazi!" or "German is the suxxor, where's the English LOL?!".
102.1 has played them in german before ... but it's usualy late when they do ... danm it ... it's almost as bad as their punk program ... wednesday nights ... 11:30 to 1 ... well it used to be ... now its 10:30 to 12 ... fuck i hated trying to catch it in the old time slot ... meh, i actualy can't complain that much ... i don't listen to the radio very much any more any ways ... southern ontario's air waves are for the most part flooded with "crap".

/fin

NME
Org Profile

Post by NME » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:35 am

Canadian Sehnsucht = roxxors = has the cover of stripped
American Sehnsucht = suxxors = english du hast and engel

Good job america, while you're at it why dont you make jimmy EAT WORLD
nil per os

RavenBlaze
Org Profile

Post by RavenBlaze » Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:20 pm

NME wrote:Canadian Sehnsucht = roxxors = has the cover of stripped
American Sehnsucht = suxxors = english du hast and engel

Good job america, while you're at it why dont you make jimmy EAT WORLD
I Bought The CD (IN AMERICA) And It Had English Du Hast...Stripped..And Engel =\ Anyways, Most Of Rammstein Is FUCKED TO HELL In English. I Mean, Go Translate Some Of Their Lyrics. Its Just Plain Sick.
HateMail: xViolencexForxThexPeoplex@hotmail.com

I Hate People Like That...

NME
Org Profile

Post by NME » Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:42 pm

Must have been a re-issue, I guess Universal or whoever distros in the states figured out that stripped was awesome and the english versions really sucked. I've got friends with the first editions of the American CD and it just has du hast and engel.
nil per os

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:45 pm

Interesting. My CD has the original German tracks AND the English ones.
I'm out...

Return to “General Discussion”