MIDI to MP3 or WAV program?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Need_a_waving_him
Org Profile

MIDI to MP3 or WAV program?

Post by Need_a_waving_him » Fri Aug 02, 2002 12:27 pm

Does anyone know of /recommend any programs that can change MIDIs to MP3s or WAV format?

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Aug 02, 2002 12:32 pm

The problem is that midis vary depending on the sound card used. For this and many other reasons, the easiest way to convert them into wav is to record them yourself.

There's tips on how to do this in my audio guide. It can be done easily with free programs.

Need_a_waving_him
Org Profile

Post by Need_a_waving_him » Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:59 pm

I read your guide but I don't think i saw the answer. See I have MIDIs from video games but I need to somehow reformat them into WAV or MP3 files in order to put them onto an audio CD. Maybe I jsut missed the section i which you talked about it?

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:04 pm

Yeah, you missed the right section.

http://www.evilnet.net/~turboneko/audio/audio3c.html

At the bottom: Converting anything you can hear in windows.

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:39 pm

Let me suggest the magical program of WinAMP and it's disc writer output plugin... doo dee doo dee doo.. It may possibly work. I believe WinAmp can handle midi files...yes yes I think it can...

~Klinky

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:40 pm

Well your guide makes mention of it so I am at a loss for words now :shock:

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:49 pm

It's true - winamp plays midi and does have the ability to write to wav.

But when I wrote the guide I couldnt get it to work for some reason. In any case, there's always a third way ^_^

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Fri Aug 02, 2002 4:37 pm

There are also utilities that will read the pattern data from a MIDI, generate a MOD-file, and then -- assuming you have some knowledge of sampling and tracking -- you can export to WAV from your favorite tracker.

This method is especially good if you want to tweak the instruments and possibly the song itself a little bit -- say, if you have an audio card that plays MIDI instruments via FM synthesis, or the samples in your wavetable suck.

MID2MOD I believe was the name of one of those utilities, but I've not been on the MOD-scene for a while.

If you have an especially snazzy synthesizer, you may be able to upload the MIDI to the synthesizer's sequencer, have IT play the MIDI back, run the MIDI output from your synth to your system, and have the tracker capture the MIDI data, but that's overkill. :)

Return to “General Discussion”