Hey Santana. Where the F*ck are you now asshole...

This forum is for the general discussion of Music.

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Thu Aug 01, 2002 10:10 pm

Hey don't diss on Santana. Now I'll agree with you about that latest CD. But Santana was great. Used to play with Hendrix too. And people like Hendrix, Santana, Satriani are all legends and can't always cope with the speed and sometimes skill of newer guitarists like Dimebag Darrell (even though he's not that new). But their skill comes in their innovation. It was how they played, not how fast. So yeah, those awards I think were more honorary than for the CD.

And "Black Magic Woman" is a great song!

Best guitarists... Satriani, Dimebag, Steve Vai, Kirk Hammet. And then there are others, but those are my favorites of the talented.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.
Flint the Dwarf

Postby FurryCurry » Thu Aug 01, 2002 10:55 pm

You left out Eric Johnson, flint, 8)

...not to mention dozens of others, but that takes too long to post...
FurryCurry

Postby FirestormXIII » Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:16 am

Rozard wrote:Well, my take on the whole thing is that, after 30 years, Santana could reach today's youth with his music (even if it was with the help of some of today's artists). I see his 9 Grammys as reward for his life of music, not just for one album. Granted, I may not like some of the stuff on Supernatural either, but I can still respect it and not call him a fucktard.

*Applaudes* Well said.

Also, Santana hasn't dissapeared. He's been touring (he's coming to Philly soon), and working on his new album. When the new album is due, I dunno, I don't follow him much.
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.
FirestormXIII

Postby FirestormXIII » Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:24 am

Oh yea klinky, you're complaining about Santana picking up all those Grammys? Look at some of the other people that get them. There could be far worse people to have gotten 9 Grammys. At least Santana has musical talent, which is more than I can say for a lot of the so-called 'musicians' out there.
Get over it.
And lighten up.
FirestormXIII

Postby afleetinghope » Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:37 am

flint_the_dwarf wrote:And "Black Magic Woman" is a great song!

I had to learn how to play that on the trombone. *shudder*
afleetinghope

Postby FirestormXIII » Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:41 am

afleetinghope wrote:I had to learn how to play that on the trombone. *shudder*

Damn, that is frightening. You're a trombonist too, afleetinghope? So few of us around here...
Get over it.
And lighten up.
FirestormXIII

Postby afleetinghope » Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:47 am

I used to be, haven't played in 5 years though. Had a really nice silver trombone from the 30s and one day it snapped in half right above the connector. ;-;
afleetinghope

Postby FirestormXIII » Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:57 am

Damn, that sucks. I need to to buy a new one, I'm still using the trombone I had when i first started playing. Needless to say it's a bit...worn after 8 years of use, not to mention marching band through high school.
FirestormXIII

Previous

Return to Music Discussion