welcome to isq

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
temjin
Org Profile

welcome to isq

Post by temjin » Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:22 pm

does a bands morals ever conflict with your own, and that makes you not want to listen to that band anymore? even if their music is good?

i heard a few good songs by a band called left over crack. they're a squater new york punk band. i really liked one of their songs called white nazi trash. while they are against racism in any sense of the term, they somehow condoned the columbine tragedy on their site. that just really made me despise ever singing along to any of their music. they even have two cds called, dead baby jesus in the manger and kill all the kids in school. i could care less about them not beleiving in christianity or any religion for that matter. i don't even mind if a band sings about the brainwashing crap that goes on in our highly religious society(which i beleive to be true). i listen to bands that preach about religions being a scare tactic for the control of our society on a daily basis(i also beleive this to be true). so, if i don't beleive any of the crap the church, or any religion feads me, why would i mind a cd entitled dead baby jesus in the manger? jesus, no matter how the government/church exploits him, he was still a human being. and a great human being at that. and to put him depicted as a mangled corpse in a manger on a public released lp, what the fuck is up with that? and the condoning of the comlumbine shootings. they already claim to be against racism, yet that's the horrible reason behind the murders. i really don't like drowning pool either, mainly because their music is horrible, but partly because of another juxtaposition of morals.

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:02 pm

a bands morals? Typically not.

When they do it for obvious attention, then it's just plain rediculious. I don't waste my time with crap such as that. For example:

Marilyn Manson - AntiChrist Superstar - Good album. One of the better albums I own.

Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals - Stupid, garbage, crap. Attention go getter, no feeling. Horrible.
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

Return to “General Discussion”