your all time absolute favorite song.....

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
grayplague
Org Profile

your all time absolute favorite song.....

Post by grayplague » Sun Jul 21, 2002 10:58 pm

"Down South" by 311

I've always wanted to use it for a video too but could never get an idea good enough. :P
/::.:.. <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... er_id=1190" target="#new"><b>my profile</b></a> ..:.::/|/::.:.. <a href="http://www.ijouhassei.com" target="#new"><b>my site</b></a> ..:.::/

Mr. Bucket
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Bucket » Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:17 pm

Know that we have always been down down, if i ever didnt think that you you.... etc etc etc 311 rules, but i think that song is just called down not down south....... wait...... what made you think that it was called down south? you didnt happen to see a music video that called it that did you?

anyway i might be leaning to the song, get free by the vines, but i would be lieing because my all time fav song is probably by nirvana

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:00 am

As my life and my outlook on it are not always the same, over time, I don't have an ABSOLUTE ALL TIME favorite song.

My "official", long-time favorite song is "One" by U2.

My momentary favorite song, of the last few months, is "Do Your Best and Don't Worry" by Morrissey.

Erm, both of which have probably never been heard of 'round here. ;P

grayplague
Org Profile

Post by grayplague » Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:03 am

Mr. Bucket wrote:....what made you think that it was called down south?
Down South is a song by 311 first written and recorded in 1987. It is track 5 on their first independant album "Dammit." It also appears on their second independant album "Unity" as track 8. And its also on their Omaha Sessions cd which is the only non-independant release u can find it on

The song Down is track 1 on their self-titled 1995 release.

They are 2 completely different songs......
/::.:.. <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... er_id=1190" target="#new"><b>my profile</b></a> ..:.::/|/::.:.. <a href="http://www.ijouhassei.com" target="#new"><b>my site</b></a> ..:.::/

FoolThemAll
Org Profile

Post by FoolThemAll » Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:21 am

The Police - "Message in a Bottle"

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:22 am

All time - A-HA - Take on Me

Most recent fav - Probably Blind Guardians Time Stands Still

Right Now - Blind Guardian - Welcome To Dying
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:49 am

Recently: "Fiddler on the Green" by Demons and Wizards - Hansi's a great singer and the song is the best ballad I've ever heard.

All-Time: "Moonlight Sonata" by Beethoven - The only song that can keep me amazed time after time. The long 15 minute one, not the shortened TV-commercial/movie version.

But this question is sooo hard to answer. Especially if you listen to nearly every kind of music. There's so many other candidates so I had to choose an epic one.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:19 am

I think my current favorite is "Sin Sex Salvation" by Raymond "Pig" Watts and KMFDM.I think Pig has a sexy voice.I'm a guy,and I'm saying that.I have too many favorite songs,though.
I'm out...

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:52 am

grayplague wrote:
Mr. Bucket wrote:....what made you think that it was called down south?
Down South is a song by 311 first written and recorded in 1987. It is track 5 on their first independant album "Dammit." It also appears on their second independant album "Unity" as track 8. And its also on their Omaha Sessions cd which is the only non-independant release u can find it on

The song Down is track 1 on their self-titled 1995 release.

They are 2 completely different songs......
Nothing like exploiting useless 311 knowledge, eh? I need to get my those independent releases. Omaha Sessions only has 10 songs on it. My favorite song off of it is Soulsucker. as for my favorite all-time song, I'd probably have to say...ah, man!! Too much pressure!! I can't have a favorite song, I never could. I can tell you that I have three songs of the moment, though. "I Little Doubt Goes A Long Way" by Reel Big Fish, "Four Letters, Two Words" by The Urge, and the theme song to Hellsing.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

TekkaRepliroid Zero
Org Profile

Post by TekkaRepliroid Zero » Mon Jul 22, 2002 8:02 am

No Fate - Scooter
<i>TekkaRepliroid Zero</i>
I'll Never be the One that she Needs (first DL-able vid, ops appreciated)
"OOW, Why does it huuuuuuurt?!" - Zim
"Ooonly if you dance with meeeee" - GIR

Return to “General Discussion”