Green Day's "¡Dos!" album

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Green Day's "¡Dos!" album

Post by tuxedomarty » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:45 am

The second installment of their recently-released trilogy of albums. I bought the first installment "¡Uno!" back in October when it came out, but I didn't get the remaining two ¡Dos! and ¡Tre! until February 1st, and I didn't listen to ¡Tre! yet (waiting 'til March, because I want to focus on ¡Dos! this month), but so far ¡Dos! is the best of the bunch. The only single released from it so far is "Stray Heart", which is a good song, but it's not the best the album has to offer (didn't care for the song's music video either). I prefer the other songs on the album such as "Stop When The Red Lights Flash" or "**** Time". They made like 5 or 6 music videos for "¡Uno!", but only one for ¡Dos! and two for ¡Tre! (one of the two for the latter is just a single shot of a cassette tape the whole time playing the song the video is for). Anyway, that's not the point. I really admire ¡Dos!'s production quality and it's garage rock-ish sound. Also recently ordered the Hot Topic exclusive aqua blue vinyl edition of this album which I've been waiting for to come in the mail all week. I should point out that the vinyl edition has the track "Drama Queen" in place of "Stray Heart", which is on all other formats of the album. Certain fans of the group consider ¡Dos! to be an unofficial second Foxboro Hot Tubs album, which is a side project by the members of Green Day. Either way it's still a very solid offering, and it looks like they are abandoning the political ponderings of 2004's American Idiot and 2009's 21st Century Breakdown and letting the good times from albums like Kerplunk!, Dookie, Nimrod and Warning come back into the mix.
I can't stand weeaboos and people who keep badmouthing dubbed anime and say it sucks.

Return to “General Discussion”