Search found 11416 matches

Return to advanced search

Re: Don't Stop Anime Now - FLCL meets Queen

Just wanted to point out that your DIRECT link should be indirect instead -- direct is for a link that lets us download the actual video file, which Hosatchel does not.
by Scintilla
Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:22 am
 
Forum: AMV Announcements
Topic: Don't Stop Anime Now - FLCL meets Queen
Replies: 5
Views: 131

Contest playlist with links, etc.

Just because I'm curious... which version of Sing-A-Wrong did you use? The one with the anvil, since it was the first one that came up (and that was what I remembered seeing in the past). And now, the playlists... Friday Preshow MadMegatax - It's Only - "It's Only" by ODESZA - Yurikuma Ar...
by Scintilla
Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:25 pm
 
Forum: AMV Contests
Topic: AnimeNEXT 2015 AMV Contest (It's Over!)
Replies: 102
Views: 4827

Re: AnimeNEXT 2015 AMV Contest (Finalists Posted!)

Lyrics were softsubs (Aegisub proved to allow a smooth, quick workflow once I figured out some of its quirks and keyboard shortcuts)... or should I say softsupers, as they were put at the top of the screen for better visibility in a crowded panel room... in .ASS format. So no video transcoding requi...
by Scintilla
Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:12 am
 
Forum: AMV Contests
Topic: AnimeNEXT 2015 AMV Contest (It's Over!)
Replies: 102
Views: 4827

Sing-along!

I do not know if any of our staff was filming the awards ceremony, but based on the conversation I had with our head of videography about filming the sing-along, I'm guessing they did not (for legal reasons). And speaking of the sing-along, here is the playlist of videos shown, with links: ⋅&nb...
by Scintilla
Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:47 pm
 
Forum: AMV Contests
Topic: AnimeNEXT 2015 AMV Contest (It's Over!)
Replies: 102
Views: 4827

Winners!

Another update regarding the AMV overflow block: it will not in fact be shown on the DoubleTree's closed circuit, because our staff only found out on Thursday that the hotel was not going to let us use it this year. However, they will still be shown in the video room that was to be simulcasting the ...
by Scintilla
Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:37 pm
 
Forum: AMV Contests
Topic: AnimeNEXT 2015 AMV Contest (It's Over!)
Replies: 102
Views: 4827

Re: Otakon 2015 AMV Dinner (July 23rd @ 7PM)

What the hell, sign me up.

But if Otakon has a no-cover deal with Howl at the Moon again this year, we are going there one of those nights.
by Scintilla
Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:33 pm
 
Forum: Anime Conventions
Topic: Otakon 2015 AMV Dinner (July 23rd @ 7PM) (LOCATION CHANGE)
Replies: 24
Views: 867

Info for everything else

And here is the rest of the vital information for all of our other events: FRIDAY Contest screening: 8:00 - 10:00 P.M. in Main Events B (double ballroom in the DoubleTree, seats ~500, same as past few years) SATURDAY Contest screening: 10:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. in Main Events B (same) Ballots must be ...
by Scintilla
Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:31 pm
 
Forum: AMV Contests
Topic: AnimeNEXT 2015 AMV Contest (It's Over!)
Replies: 102
Views: 4827

Overflow/Showcase info

Okay, here is what everyone needs to know about the non-finalist screening (on the PDF schedule as "AMV Showcase"): 1) Instead of having separate Friday and Saturday blocks like in previous years, the overflow this year will be one big block on Sunday, on the DoubleTree closed circuit (cha...
by Scintilla
Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm
 
Forum: AMV Contests
Topic: AnimeNEXT 2015 AMV Contest (It's Over!)
Replies: 102
Views: 4827

Re: Anyone into photography?

Perhaps not the happiest of shots, but it was there and so was my camera:

Image
by Scintilla
Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:20 am
 
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Anyone into photography?
Replies: 257
Views: 17478

Re: Copyrighted music and YouTube :(

Dragonrider1227 wrote:
post-it wrote:? Is Utube part of Google ?

Yes. And google while BIG is still a privately owned company

Sorry, but no. NASDAQ:GOOG. However that doesn't invalidate your point, that they're not the government.
by Scintilla
Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:18 am
 
Forum: General AMV
Topic: Copyrighted music and YouTube :(
Replies: 14
Views: 580

Re: AWA Editors Dinner

Mr Pilkington wrote:If you didn't already know:
:bzz: AWA is now 4 days!! :bzz2:

It would have been nice if they'd told us that *before* hotel reservations went live in February.

Anyway, I'll be there.
by Scintilla
Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:08 am
 
Forum: Anime Conventions
Topic: AWA Editors Dinner
Replies: 53
Views: 1257

Re: AnimeNEXT 2015 AMV Contest (Finalists Posted!)

BasharOfTheAges wrote:That looks pretty good. What do you get them cast in ultimately?

I honestly have no idea -- I've always just left it up to the staffer who makes them and not asked questions, but I think she mentioned some kind of resin??
by Scintilla
Sun May 31, 2015 9:48 pm
 
Forum: AMV Contests
Topic: AnimeNEXT 2015 AMV Contest (It's Over!)
Replies: 102
Views: 4827

Re: AnimeNEXT 2015 AMV Contest (Finalists Posted!)

Oh, and here's a sample of what this year's medals will look like:
https://instagram.com/p/3KCmLtDMy7/?tak ... tudiokitsu
by Scintilla
Sun May 31, 2015 7:46 pm
 
Forum: AMV Contests
Topic: AnimeNEXT 2015 AMV Contest (It's Over!)
Replies: 102
Views: 4827

Re: Animazement 2015 AMV Contest - WINNERS POSTED

MaboroshiStudio wrote:Congrats to the winners but Wow fresh prince + Eva... I remember this combo over a decade ago heh

I admit I had the same reaction (but mostly because VicBond007 and friends play it at every AMV sing-along they run).
by Scintilla
Mon May 25, 2015 8:03 pm
 
Forum: AMV Contests
Topic: Animazement 2015 AMV Contest - WINNERS POSTED
Replies: 33
Views: 2056

Re: Anime Expo 2015 AMV Competition - MAY 2nd DEADLINE!

Well damn, color me impressed. Even if I associate that font much more strongly with Otakon.

How tall do they have to be to make everything legible? 11"? Or is 8.5" enough?
by Scintilla
Fri May 22, 2015 7:02 am
 
Forum: AMV Contests
Topic: Anime Expo 2015 AMV Competition - WINNERS POSTED!
Replies: 330
Views: 16454
Next

Return to advanced search